Greens, Egg and Ham Sandwich
on ACE® Ciabatta Lunga
This Greens, Egg & Ham Sandwich is light, delicious, and perfectly paired with our Ciabatta Lunga. This is a combination that anyone could love and will have people saying "I do like greens, eggs and ham."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ACE Bakery® Ciabatta Lunga
- Your favourite greens- kale, spinach, chard etc. (leaves only, washed, de-stemmed and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika
- 2 slices black forest ham (1/4” thick slice carved ham, not thin deli-style),
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Béchamel Sauce, prepared (or jarred alfredo sauce), warmed
- In a small sauté pan, cook the greens with a little olive oil and the minced garlic until wilted and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Drain off any excess liquid and keep warm.
- In a sauté pan, fry the eggs sunny side up or over easy with a little olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with smoked paprika. In the same pan, lightly griddle the ham, until warmed through.
- Cut the ACE® Ciabatta Lunga in 1/3, and then hinge slice (open on one side). Toast interior if desired in the Sauté pan.
- To assemble, spread the warmed Béchamel sauce on the interior crumb. From the heel up, lay on the wilted greens, pan-fried ham slices and sunny-side-up eggs, spooning over additional sauce if desired.