Spinach and Artichoke Dip
In an ACE Bakery Boule
This easy-to-make and delicious dip is always a crowd pleaser. Don't be surprised if someone eats the bowl...because they can!
- 1 ACE Bakery Boule
- 1 cup (240 mL) leeks, thinly sliced and washed
- 12 oz. (340 g) baby spinach
- 5½ oz. (150 g) Boursin cheese, garlic and fine herbs
- ½ cup (120 mL) sour cream
- ½ cup (120 mL) best quality olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 oz. (56 g) Parmigiana Regianno, finely grated
- 6 oz. jar (170 mL) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. (1.25 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the leeks in ¼ cup (60 mL) water for about 5 minutes until bright green and tender and most of the water has evaporated. Add the spinach and cover to steam for about 1 minute. Uncover and stir once to ensure that it wilts evenly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the Boursin stirring to melt. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise and Parmigiana.
- Rinse the artichokes under cold running water, drain well and chop finely. Stir into the dip along with the fresh lemon juice, zest and cayenne pepper.
- Can be served cold after refrigerating for an hour or hot after warming through for 25 minutes in a shallow ovenproof casserole dish.
- Using a serrated knife, carve a large hollow in the top of the ACE Bakery Boule going down about half way to make a bowl shape. Remove the lid and cut it into large square crouton shapes. Place the bread bowl and the lid croutons on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until warm and toasty.
- Place the boule on a serving platter and surround it with crouton pieces. Spoon the spinach dip into the bread bowl and serve with the crouton pieces for dipping.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.