Spiced Brie and Cranberry Biscotti
with ACE Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
Biscotti before dinner? Yes, please!
These may be considered a "sweet treat", but sometimes it's how you dress it up. Throw your guests for a loop with these festive, nostalgia-filled appies.
Spice those Walnuts!
- In a small bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon salt (kosher or coarse work nicely), 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspon of ground coriander. Add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper if you like heat. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of honey, 2 teaspons olive oil (or sunflower oil), 1 Tablespoon of water over medium heat.
- Add walnuts, and toss to coat.
- Add spice blend to the pan, stirring to coat the walnuts. Let the walnuts cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove pan from burner, or transfer to a cookie sheet to let cool.
- Once cool enough to touch, coarsely chop
Melt that Brie!
- Place brie in a preheated 350F oven for 5-7 minutes, until soft to the touch.
- Remove from oven and slice in half. Get ready to start dipping your Biscotti!
3. Dip that Biscotti!
- Dip one end of into the melted Brie. Lay the biscotti flat on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment to catch melting brie!)
- Sprinkle with chopped Spiced Walnuts, and finish off with chopped Pistachios for a colour kick.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.