Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus
A recipe that highlights every ingredient, plus takes little time to prepare. The perfect pairing for this hummus recipe is our ACE Bakery® Toasted Sesame Mini Baguette Crisps.
Serves: 2 cups
- 1 pouch ACE Bakery Toasted Sesame Mini Baguette Crisps
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) pumpkin seed oil
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 4 cloves peeled garlic, quartered
- 19 oz (540 mL) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cashew or almond butter
- ¼ cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) harissa
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) za'atar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into ½ inch (1.25 cm) cubes. Toss with the pumpkin seed oil, cumin and garlic cloves. Season lightly with salt and pepper and roast for about 25 minutes or until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Once out of the oven, transfer the sweet potato and garlic to a food processor. Add the chickpeas, cashew butter, lemon juice, harissa and za'atar and process until smooth and creamy. Add a little water to thin, starting with ¼ cup (60 mL), and add from there to as necessary. Chill before serving.
- To serve, place hummus in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with a little extra za'atar and drizzle with a little pumpkin seed oil if desired. Serve with ACE Bakery® Toasted Sesame Mini Baguette Crisps.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.