Peach, Prosciutto, and Lemon Goat Cheese Tartine
On ACE Honey Whole Wheat
This delicate and pretty sandwich is ideal for a summer lunch on the patio with ice-cold lemonade. The combination of basil, prosciutto and lemon-whipped goat cheese is the perfect complement to sun-kissed, fresh summer peaches. The goat cheese can be kept in the fridge, covered, for up to a week.
Lemon-Whipped Goat Cheese
- 1 cup (240 mL) soft, unripened goat cheese (at room temperature)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon, with half of the zest minced and incorporated into the goat cheese spread, and the remaining zest strips reserved for topping
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Using a heavy whisk, combine all ingredients (except for lemon zest strips) and mix well until light and fluffy.
- Set aside.
- 4 thick slices ACE Bakery Honey Whole Wheat Oval
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Lemon-Whipped Goat Cheese (see recipe)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 large basil leaves, or a few torn mint leaves
- 1 large peach, cut into 16 wedges or 2 medium peaches cut into 8 wedges each
- honey, to taste
- Spread bread with generous amounts of Lemon-Whipped Goat Cheese.
- Place 2 pieces of prosciutto per sandwich on the goat cheese.
- Top prosciutto with basil or mint leaves and 4 peach wedges. Garnish with the reserved lemon zest strips and a drizzle of honey.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.