Marinated Oyster Tartine
with Mushroom and Lemon Herb Chèvre
Lemon and chèvre pairs wonderfully well with Le Pleurote Delicieux Oyster Mushrooms. These open-faced mushroom tartines spread with herbed chèvre and arugula are terrific for a weekend lunch. Topped with a soft poached egg and a fresh grinding of black pepper, they become a perfect brunch dish.
- 5 oz log (140 g) soft chèvre
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh dill
- 4½-inch (1.2-cm) slices of ACE Bakery Harvest Grain, Multigrain or Garlic Oval
- 1 cup (240 mL) baby arugula, loosely packed
- ¾ cup (180 mL) marinated mushrooms, preferably Le Pleurote Délicieux Oyster Mushrooms
- Place the chèvre, olive oil, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh herbs in the bowl of a food processor and process for about 1 minute, or until smooth and the herbs are finely chopped.
- Lightly toast or grill the bread and while still warm, spread each slice generously with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the Lemon Herb Chèvre. Divide the arugula and marinated mushrooms evenly over the tartines and finish with a little more black pepper if desired.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.