Jalapeno Chili Cheese Burger
on ACE Gourmet Buns
A sign of a good burger is one that requires lots of napkins. A sign of a great burger, is one that has you going back for seconds. This burger has it all: mega flavour, little hit of heat, lots of cheese and meat, and a bun that elevates it all to burger greatness!
- 4 ACE Bakery Classic Gourmet Burger Buns
- 1½ lbs. (675 g) coarsely ground beef, preferably chuck
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) kosher salt
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 large jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 jalapeno poppers
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (240 mL) prepared chili, piping hot
- ¼ cup (60 mL) BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro sprigs
- Place the ground beef in a medium-sized bowl and gently stir through the salt, pepper, chili powder and jalapeno. Using wet hands, divide the mixture into four patties and press gently with your palm to form a burger that is about a ½ inch (1.25 cm) thick. Press your thumb into the centre of the patty leaving an indentation. This will prevent the burgers from puffing up too much and will help them cook more evenly.
- Lightly brush the burgers with the vegetable oil and refrigerate for 30 minutes, on a tray, until ready to grill.
- Prepare the jalapeno poppers in the oven according to the package instructions and keep warm.
- Heat a BBQ to medium heat. When the grill is hot, place the burgers on the grill indentation side up. Grill for 4 minutes on one side, until nicely grill marked and charred on the bottom. Flip just once, resisting the urge to move them around or press down with the spatula, as you will lose all the burger’s juicy goodness. Cook for 3 minutes more for a medium burger.
- During the last minute of cooking top each burger with a slice of cheese to melt. Place the ACE Bakery® Rustic Burger Buns cut side down on the grill until gently toasted, about 1 minute.
- To assemble the burgers, place a burger on each bun and top with a scoop of chili and a couple of jalapeno poppers. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and top with some cilantro sprigs. Sandwich together with bun tops.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.