Italian Deli Sandwich
with Smoked Mozzarella and Basil Pesto
A great cold-cut sandwich offers meat variety and lots of it. Make sure you use good-quality mortadella, roast turkey, and salami slices too. You may want to make two sandwiches, while you're at it. Prevent sandwich envy before it happens.
- ¼ ACE Bakery Ciabatta Lunga
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) prepared basil pesto
- 3 slices smoked mozzarella
- 2 slices mortadella
- 2 slices roast turkey breast
- 2 slices Genoa salami
- 4 slices heirloom tomatoes
- 6 rings red onion
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 6 red pepper stuffed olives, finely chopped
- Slice the ACE Bakery® Ciabatta Lunga in half horizontally. Lightly toast the cut layers and spread the bottom of the Ciabatta with basil pesto.
- Layer the bottom of the Ciabatta with the smoked mozzarella. Top with rolls of mortadella, turkey and salami. Top with heirloom tomato slices, red onion and romaine lettuce.
- Stir together the red wine vinegar, olive oil and chopped stuffed olives. Spread the Ciabatta top with the olive mixture and press the sandwich together.
- Serve whole or sliced into thick slices held together with toothpicks.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.