Ham and Egg on Cheddar Ciabatta
with Avocado and Chipotle Sour Cream
This easy-to-make, satisfying sandwich is perfect for a weekend brunch with a tomato salad on the side. Try it with different cheese options like smoked cheddar, provolone or Monterey Jack.
- 1 ACE Bakery Cheddar Ciabatta Gourmet Bun
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) thick sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) unsalted butter
- 2 slices ham, preferable leg meat
- 1 free-range organic egg
- pinch sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) basil sprouts
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and the chipotle.
- Heat the butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the slices of ham and cook until just beginning to brown, about 1 or 2 minutes per side. Transfer the ham to a plate and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with a pinch each of salt and pepper and the chopped chives.
- Add the egg to the same skillet and swirl to spread thin like a crepe. Cook for 30 seconds, until just beginning to set and then sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Cook for 1 minute more until the cheese is melted and then fold the egg in half and half again with a rubber spatula to form a small folded omelet.
- Cut the ACE Bakery Cheddar Ciabatta Bun in half horizontally and lightly toast. To assemble the sandwich, spread the bottom of the bun with the chipotle sour cream mixture and layer with slices of ham, egg and avocado. Top with basil sprouts and the top of the toasted bun. Serve warm.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.