Corned Beef Sandwich
with Sauerkraut and Smoked Onion Mayo
Featuring our ACE Bakery® Country Wheat Baguette.
This one is true to its delicatessen roots, except we've upgraded the bread. Make sure you pile high the corned beef, don't forget the sauerkraut, and drizzle with lots of the mustard. Enjoy every messy bite!
½ ACE Bakery Country Wheat Baguette
For the Mayo
- ¼ cup (60 mL) real egg mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sweet onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) deli mustard
- 2 dill pickles, sliced
- 7 oz. (200 g) thinly sliced corned beef, warmed
- ½ cup (120 mL) sauerkraut
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) parsley, roughly chopped
- Combine the mayonnaise, onions and paprika together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Slice the ACE Bakery® Country Wheat Baguette in half horizontally and lightly toast the cut sides under a broiler for 2 minutes until toasty and golden.
- Spread the deli mustard on the bottom Baguette, then top with the pickle slices. Pile high with slices of warm corned beef.
- Next stir together the sauerkraut and parsley and layer on top of the meat. Top the whole thing off with some of the smoked onion mayo. (You'll have a little left for your next sandwich!) Slice Baguette in two and enjoy while warm and toasty.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.