Beef Tenderloin Sliders
on Cluster Rolls with Herbed Dijon Butter and Remoulade Sauce
If you're looking for an easy to make meal for a party, these little sandwiches are perfect. Herbed Dijon butter adds a little kick to the tenderloin, and the Remoulade Sauce takes this sandwich over the top (you'll never want store-bought tartar sauce again). You can prepare the beef, butter and sauce a day before, making entertaining a breeze.
Serves: Makes 24 sandwiches
- 1 lb (500 g) beef tenderloin, trimmed of all exterior fat and silver skin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ACE Multigrain Cluster Rolls for closed sandwiches
Herbed Dijon Butter
- ½ cup (120 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) stone-ground Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh herbs (chives, tarragon, parsley, and chervil, marjoram or savory)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chives, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh chervil, marjoram or savory, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) stone-ground Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp (1.2 mL) anchovy paste
- dash of Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- dash of tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh chives for garnish
- Salt and pepper both sides of the beef and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bring the meat to room temperature while preheating the oven to 400°F (200°C) and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place a thermometer in the meat and roast to 125°F (52°C).
- Transfer to a plate and let cool (you can prepare ahead of time and refrigerate up to 24 hours).
- Thinly slice meat.
For the Herbed Dijon Butter
- Combine butter, Dijon and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside at room temperature if using right away, or refrigerate if making ahead of time and bring back to room temperature prior to using.
For the Remoulade Sauce
- Combine all ingredients and season to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
- With a serrated bread knife, cut down the centre of 4 cluster rolls stopping just before slicing all the way through. Separate each roll slightly making sure the top and bottom are still attached.
- Spread a thin coat of Herbed Dijon Butter, top with a couple of thin slices of beef and garnish with a dollop of Remoulade Sauce.
- Sprinkle with chives, salt and pepper just before serving.
The leftover butter can be rolled up in plastic wrap and frozen, and goes great with grilled fish, chicken or steak. Any leftover sauce pairs well with beef, poached salmon or crab cakes and can be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.