Artichoke Tapenade Bruschetta
with Green Olive, Lemon, and Parmesan
If you're feeling adventurous a drop of truffle oil takes this tapenade to a whole other level. Try spreading it across ACE Bakery petit baguettes cut in half and then broil to melt the cheese.
- 1 ACE Bakery White Baguette (Cut in half for this recipe, or double recipe if using the full baguette!)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sweet onion, finely minced
- 14 oz. (398 mL) can artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) capers
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon zest, finely minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Bella di Cerignola green olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 oz. (56 g) Parmesan or Asiago cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh oregano or marjoram, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) whole roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil, garlic and onion over medium heat and cook gently for 2 or 3 minutes until fragrant and sizzling. Add the artichokes and lemon zest and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the capers, green olives, Parmesan, parsley, oregano, almonds and black pepper.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal into twelve ½" (1.25 cm) thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 or 7 minutes until crisp and the edges are just beginning to brown. Flip and toast for 1 minute more. Or char grill on a BBQ or grill pan for 4 or 5 minutes turning once to brown each side of the baguette.
- Place the baguette crisps on a serving platter and top with the artichoke tapenade and an extra drizzle of olive oil and oregano sprigs if desired.
This recipe is from ACE Bakery.