Key Account Manager - Foodservice (Calgary)
JOB TITLE: Key Account Manager - Foodservice
WORKSITE: Alberta (Calgary, Edmonton), Vancouver
REPORTS TO: National Sales Manager
As the primary contact for the Alberta market, the Food Service Account Manager will plan, develop and coordinate sales activities to expand our sales with a new customer base across Alberta. Based in Calgary this includes identifying potential distributors and customers within the Alberta market and introducing them to ACE products, while managing existing distributors (GFS), Sysco, etc.) and regional chain business
- Develop the Alberta market for food service, focusing on major centers such as Calgary, Edmonton business strategy for ACE and develop a plan to engage new distributors and customers.
- Use market and product knowledge to source and develop new accounts through active prospecting, referrals and leads.
- Focus efforts on developing local and regional chain business as well as top restaurant accounts in all regions
- Work with distributors to develop new listings, provide training, respond to product inquiries and be the ACE representative in Alberta.
- Identify and help implement go-to-market strategy for new products and programs with target markets and customers.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all ACE Bakery products and programs, and a complete awareness and understanding of the competition with regards to markets, products and pricing
- Assist in the development of budgets and sales strategies.
- Maintain and develop working relationships with new and existing customers within Alberta
- Monitor the quality of our products and services to ensure customers are trained in the handling and care of their bread.
- Recognize promotional opportunities and recommend events/activities that could benefit ACE.
- Extensive contact with customers by following visitation schedule, identifying customer needs and following up in a timely fashion, sampling as needed.
- Building relations with distributor reps in order to identify potential customers and market opportunities
- Communicate regularly to Food Service Manager on trends, issues, and opportunities
- Drive sales to meet department targets both in growth (local and regional chains and high volume accounts) and with our high profile, fine dining market segment.
- Occasional work in Vancouver as market demand dictates.
1. 3 - 5 years of sales experience working in the food service business in Alberta, including experience working with distributors, food service chain accounts and independent street business.
2. Outstanding customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
4. Ability to work independently and strong planning, analytical and organizational skills.
5. Good understanding of the Alberta market.
6. Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
7. Ability to work occasional weekends and evening shifts, occasional overnight travel required.
8. Required to follow health and safety standards at all times.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekends. This is a permanent full time position.
If you have lots of energy and want to learn and contribute in a fast paced environment, ACE Bakery is the opportunity for you! Please forward your resume and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for this position to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please.
The following positions are currently available at ACE Bakery.
- QA Technician/H&S Coordinator - Gaffney, South Carolina
- Production Supervisor (Gaffney, South Carolina)
- Maintenance Mechanic- Class B Refrigeration
- Key Account Manager - Foodservice (Calgary)
- Demonstrator- GTA Territory
- Product Development Specialist
Apply using the links above. Or, send us your resumé via fax to the attention of Human Resources at:
Via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Via mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
1 Hafis Road
Toronto, ON M6M 2V6
If you have questions regarding any of the positions above, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.